Caring for your Boho Wicks Candle
HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM YOUR SOY CANDLE-
- Trim wick to 1/4″ each time before lighting, only trim the wick when it has completely cooled off and the wax has hardened. Be sure to not over trim the wick. If the wick is too short it will result in too small of a flame and the melt pool will not reach the edges of the container.
- The best way to achieve this is to use a special candle wick trimmer.
- Keep wick centred.
- When you first light your candle, allow the wax to pool all the way to the outer edges of the container. This is called a melt pool. Allowing a full melt pool guarantees an even burn (no tunnelling) and maximum fragrance throw. If you do not allow a full melt pool you may get wax remaining alongside the sides of your jar.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. Alternatively dip the wick in wax to distinguish the candle and then set the wick upright and centre again ready for the next burn.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended and keep lit candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Remove all packaging
- Please remember, candles must be burned away from drafts and on a stable heat resistant surface.
Please DO NOT allow water or moisture to mix with the wax. This can cause splattering and popping of the wax.
- Candle care and burning is a responsibility. Please burn wisely. Keep candles away from children, pets and curtains. All candles come with a warning label attached to the bottom, please read this before burning your candle.
- For margin of safety don’t burn a candle all the way down. Discontinue burning when only 1/2″ or 1.27cm of wax remains.
- Never burn your candle on or near anything flammable.
- Keep candles out of direct sunlight and do not store in temperatures over 80 degrees.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquid.
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers repeatedly, or the flame becomes too high.